The Area - London
For a cottage near London, it is difficult to beat Iona Cottage. Perfectly situated for those who wish to visit the nation's captial, our location in the southwest of England means London is no more than 2 hours away.
To help you get a feel for what you can expect from a visit to London, we've complied a short list of things to see and do in London:
- Visit the Houses of Parliament, for superb guided tours which afford you access to the hub of British parliament.
- Stroll around the The Tate Modern, the National Galleries or Tate Britain. These superb galleries are completely free, and offer some of the world's best public collections of art.
- Explore a whole host of free museums including The British Museum, the Science Museum, The Victoria & Albert, and the world famous Natural History museum.
- Hampton Court Palace was Henry VIII's original residence, and although no longer in use by the monarch is a fantastic day out in every sense of the word. Forget Buckingham Palace this is a real taste of British royalty!
- Admire some of London's beautiful Abbeys and Churches. Imposing Westminster Abbey is famous for its many tombs and memorials, ranging in date from the eleventh to the twenty-first centuries. Alternatively, St Paul's Catherdal, with its world-famous Dome and iconic facade has hosted a host of important services. The funerals of Lord Nelson, the Duke of Wellington and Sir Winston Churchill were held here as well as the peace services marking the end of the First and Second World Wars. If you have time, we recommend visiting both.
- Take in a show at one of London's theatres. It's an absolute must for any visitor to the capital with high quality performances at relatively low prices.